A couples massage is one of the ways to strengthen your relationship with your partner. Massage is very beneficial to physical, mental and relationship health. Virtue Massage is the ideal spa for couple massage in Gold Coast. If you have never had a couples massage before or want to give it a try, then this article is for you. Read on to explore about couple massage
What is a couples massage?
The idea of couple massage seems new to a lot of people. A couple massage is for two people, at the same time, in a private room, but on two separate massage tables and performed by two massage therapists. The massage therapists will start simultaneously and coordinate the treatment accordingly for you and your partner.
What types of couple massages are available?
A massage has numerous benefits, such as stress reduction, reducing blood pressure and enhancing overall body health. You can enjoy different massages with your partner at Virtue Spa, some of which include:
Swedish massage – Originated from Scandinavia, this couple massage is relaxation-focused. The masseuse uses a series of gliding strokes and circular motions to reduce muscular tension and boost overall circulation.
Shiatsu massage -This massage is regarded as an effective form of stress release which promotes circulation. This is done by eliminating blockages that prevent the body's energy (known as Qi) from flowing freely. Shiatsu Massage is performed on elbows, knees, feet, back and limbs.
Thai massage- This is a deep massage that aims to improve the individual's flexibility and provide temporary relief of pain. The Thai massage can be performed while being fully clothed, unlike other forms of massage.
Deep-tissue massage- A highly preferred massage for those suffering from chronic tension, the deep-tissue massage targets the deeper muscle layers and fascia using a kneading technique. In addition to relieving chronic pain, this massage also assists in the range of motion. Deep tissue massage is the most sought massage for couples at our spa at Surfers Paradise.
Hot stone massage -The hot stone massage uses heat to tackle stubborn knots and improves blood flow. This is one form of massage where heated basalt stones are strategically placed to provide warm relaxation and muscular relief.
Reflexology- This is a form of foot massage whereby precise points of the feet are targeted in correlation to organs and systems of the body. Studies have claimed that foot massages boost your circulation, which further helps with healing and keeping your muscles and tissues healthy. This is especially important if you have health problems that add to poor circulation or nerve damage, such as diabetes.
Aromatherapy massage - The aromatherapy massage infuses the benefits of aromatic oils with tension-relieving massage pressure. An aromatherapy massage is the best for you if you want the help of essential oils. The mixture of oils will be gently rubbed throughout the body; the scent and absorption will boost mood, reducing stress, anxiety, depression and overall body pain.
Indian head massage or head, neck and shoulder massage – In this massage, the pressure is placed on the scalp, neck and shoulders that further promotes healing and relaxation while encouraging the free flow of energy. This Ayurvedic form of relaxation is great for combating strain and anxiety.
What are the advantages of couple massage?
The couple massage relaxes the body would be just stating the obvious. Apart from the health benefits, there are advantages of going for couple massages regularly, including:
- Quality Time In this fast pace world, it is sometimes challenging to find time for each other. Even when while sharing a meal, you are bound to attend important phone calls. Couple massage allows you and your significant other to stay from your phones for as long as the session lasts. It helps both of you rejuvenate and feel like you are back from a vacation without spending a fortune.
- Something NewYou might already have run out of gifting options or dining at different places. Getting a massage together would be a totally new experience and would strengthen your bond with your partner.
- Eases the stress The pressure from work or managing a lot of things together can get stressful. These are the reasons behind the fights and outbursts of many couples. Getting a massage helps the body release hormones, which will ease tension and lower your stress levels. After the massage is done, you might have a mindful conversation with each other.
- Increased Affection It is said that touch stimulates your social hormones as well as dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin. These hormones work together to lift your spirits and keep you happy long after the massage is done. During this time, you'll experience increased amounts of affection for your partner.
- Encourages Intimacy Along with increased affection emotionally, the hormones released after a relaxing massage also increase physical affection for your partner. Therefore, a good massage session together will allow both of you to enjoy more intimacy.
Exciting Offer for Couples at Virtue Massage
The most important reason to get a couples massage is the current discount for a couple at Virtue Massage. You can get up to 25% off on couple massage only at the best spa for couples located in Gold Coast (T&C Apply).
What is the duration of the couple massage?
Virtue Spa offers different duration and can tailor it to your needs. For example, if you and your partner want a quick massage, you can opt for 30 mins. However, if you both want to unwind completely, the massage duration can go for up to 120 minutes.
Note- if you opt for our offer for a couples massage, the duration is 70 minutes and cannot be altered.
Virtue Massage is an abode for relaxation amidst the most happening spot at Surfer’s Paradise, Gold Coast. We want to make the therapies and massages accessible to all hence you will find our prices to be very affordable. Book an appointment, and you can experience the most fantastic couple massage and couple deals at Surfers Paradise